Are you always looking for places to take your kids over the school holidays? Or family outings for the weekend?
I have compiled a list of favourite outdoor places to visit in Gauteng.
- The Elephant Sanctuary (R104 road) Hartebeespoort Dam. (012)258-0423 / 0833063770 Elephant Sanctuary Website Programmes:feeding, petting, touching and elephant rides into the mountain
- Hartebeespoort Dam and zoo visit the cable way or have a picnic or braai. Restaurant on premises. Hartebeespoort Dam and Zoo Website
- Lion and Rhino Park this reserve has cheetahs, lions, rhino, and a number of other game species. Restaurant as well as picnic area and braai facilities. R28 Highway towards Krugersdorp Rhino and Lion Park Website
- Lion Park in Muldersdrift Lion Park Website
- Strawberry Farm picnics and strawberry picking (012)207-1116 Tangaroa Strawberry Farm Website
- Zoo Lake outdoor tea garden, lake to feed ducks and picnic and braai area.
- Garden World Garden World Website R28 Highway. Tea Garden, kids parties. Sunday arts and crafts.
- Willow Feather Farm Irene. Plant nursery, tea garden, animal farm, swings and play area for kids. Willow Feather Farm Website
- Wondercaves (011)957-0106
- Groenkloof Nature Reserve Pretoria biking trail, picnic area and fountains. Groenkloof Nature Reserve Website
- Acrobranch Pretoria and Johannesburg Acrobranch Website
- Pretoria Zoo Pretoria Zoo Website
- Johannesburg Zoo Johannesburg Zoo Website
- Lory Park Zoo Midrand Lory Park Zoo Website
- Montecasino Bird Gardens Johannesburg Montecasino Bird Gardens Website
- Cest la’ vie Centurion outdoor playpark. Area for babies and toddlers as well as an area fpr older kids C’est La Vie Website
- Irene Village Mall Outdoor Fountains (remember to carry costumes and towels) Irene Village Mall Website
- Quad Bikes R55 Laudium/Centurion Zwartkops Quad Rides Website
- Serendipity Rosebank. Outdoor play area, arts and crafts and tea garden Serendipity Website
- Rooihuiskraal Terrein Pretoria Centurion Rooihuiskraal Terrein Website
- Horseriding at Cornerstone Equestria (R55 Laudium/Centurion) 0843507238 or Peppermint Park (Raslouw) Peppermint Park Website
- Lasertag and Paintball at Crywolf Irene. Crywolf Website
- Zita Park 0724282408 MenloPark Pretoria wonderful paddle pool and slide, picnic and braai area as well as jungle gyms.
- Irene Dairy Farm see the cows and buy some freshly delivered milk. Play area. Tea garden Irene Dairy Farm Website
- Honeydew Mazes wonderful for kids aged 6+ a must visit. Honeydew Mazes Website
- Crocodile Farm Johannesburg Crocodile Farm Website
- Gold Reef City Theme Park Johannesburg theme park rides for all ages Gold Reef City Theme Park Website